Looking for somewhere to find the perfect, unique holiday gifts?
The Phoenix Festival of the Arts might be the place to stop. The festival runs from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 11 and Sunday, Dec. 12, at Margaret T. Hance Park in downtown Phoenix. Admission is free.
Hosted by the Phoenix Center for the Arts, this event features more than 150 local artists from the metro-Phoenix area. Works include pottery, paintings, clothing, jewelry and more.
Demonstrations by Phoenix Center for the Arts Teaching Artists will run throughout the day including a performance by fingerstyle guitarist John Calvert, a ceramics demonstration by Anne Rasmussen and a dance performance by the Ballet Theatre of Phoenix.
The event also features food trucks with a variety of food, drinks and treats.
Those who want to celebrate more can reserve tickets for the Best in Show Awards Reception. A ticket to this event includes dinner from a food truck, one drink ticket and live music from local bands.
Phoenix Festival for the Arts Performance and Demonstration Schedule:
Saturday, Dec. 11, 2021
- 10 a.m. – John Calvert guitar performance.
- 11 a.m. – Diana Calderon bookmaking demonstration.
- 12 p.m. – Emancipation Arts – The Seven Principles of Kwanzaa celebrated by Clottee Hammons.
- 1 p.m. – Anne Rasmussen ceramics demonstration.
- 2 p.m. – Musical Instrument Petting Zoo.
- 3 p.m. – Jam Pak Band.
- 4 p.m. – Japanese Friendship Garden
Sunday, Dec. 12, 2021
- 10 a.m. – Pamela Harrison ceramics demonstration.
- 11 a.m. – Ballet Theatre of Phoenix.
- Noon – Original poetry by award-winning author/professor Alexandra Burack.
- 1 p.m. – Making Treble jazz trio.
- 2 p.m. – Phoenix Youth Circus.
- 3 p.m. – Spotlight Youth Theatre Company.
- 4 p.m. – Koryn Woodward Wasson watercolor painting demonstration.
Food Trucks available for eats and sweets:
- 2 Fat Guys Grilled Cheese.
- Alchemy Roast.
- Cuties Lemonade and More.
- Firehouse Kettle Corn.
- Guac Girl.
- Hot Bamboo.
- L’impasto LLC.
- Lulu’s Sorbetto.
- Royal Solitude Coffee.
- Young’s Smoke-N BBQ.
- White Eyes Fresh Fry Bread.
- Wok This Way.
Support local journalism. Subscribe to azcentral.com today.